mixed veggie goodness with pasta
Fredrik and I had ratatouille with pasta for dinner. I used Rachel Ray’s recipe for my first ratatouille. I’ve made my own modifications and tweaks since then.
Here’s a brief rundown of my ratatouille. I like my ratatouille garlicky.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 small-ish bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 5-7 cloves of garlic
- 4 tomatoes
- olive oil
- pasta (optional)
- Preheat oven to 225°C. Cut tomatoes into wedges, put in roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and put into the oven.
- Take a piece of tin foil, put garlic in middle, drizzle with olive oil, wrap up the garlic and into the oven.
- Chop up the zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers and onion into 1 inch pieces. Doesn’t have to be perfect, just small enough that it doesn’t take too long to cook. Put on cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with thyme and oregano. Put into oven.
- Take garlic and tomatoes out of the oven. Set timer for about 30 minutes.
- Mash garlic and tomatoes in a relatively large bowl.
- If you’re gonna have the ratatouille with pasta, you might want to start it when there’s about 15 minutes left on the veggies.
- Mix finished veggies with tomato and garlic mash. You can add some tomato paste if you think it needs a bit more intense tomato taste.
- Mix in pasta.